...me:sm018:

-JC-
14.01.2007, 09:36
I'm down.

See y'all on the slopes (or the plane)

the_man_with_orange_pants
14.01.2007, 11:22
hello!

ive been following the snow cover chats..

im going from the UK with 10 others :)

looks like we'd better wrap up warm now..

14.01.2007, 12:21
gota say the long term Meteorogram is looking pretty good for us at the mo, big dump around the 22nd, then cool but clear over the week. i was scared a week ago! ive still not booked everyones extras just in case..

Pete
14.01.2007, 19:46
another 21st here.
7 of us.
look for the people trying to stand up.

SnowPloughPrincess
15.01.2007, 09:33
weeeeee me and my bf will be out there! Look for the girl causing chaos trying to line up for the chair lifts!!!

Wiped out three people the last time I went :*

SpongeBob
15.01.2007, 12:45
I hope that I will come during that week if the snow is good!

15.01.2007, 13:50
conditions are looking really poor now, not happy at all :(

photos like this http://www.infokop.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9586 (http://www.infokop.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9586)

and http://www.infokop.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9525 (http://www.infokop.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9525)

are really getting me down.

but on a brighter note, were all going on holiday! yeay! stop thinking, start drinking!

dzonka
15.01.2007, 14:04
that's good spirit!

PatMan
15.01.2007, 14:28

photos like this http://www.infokop.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9586 (http://www.infokop.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9586)

and http://www.infokop.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9525 (http://www.infokop.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9525)

but on a brighter note, were all going on holiday! yeay! stop thinking, start drinking!

MWOP, on a brighter note - look at http://www.infokop.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9516 !

SpongeBob
15.01.2007, 14:46

don't be sad you will definitely ski/snowboard but maybe you will not be able use all tracks (unfortunately). In the evening you will be able to see all the beauties of the Serbian night life (good rakija and beautiful girls)!!

:dziveli: and :sm019: and by morning you will dance on the bar :bootyshak :sm021:

dzonka
15.01.2007, 14:55
one thing is certain, you will have excellent time on Kopaonik

SnowPloughPrincess
15.01.2007, 15:32
Don't worry it will snow lots while we are there, don't forget your googles everyone!!!

Jay
15.01.2007, 17:34
Yeah - the 21st sounds like the time to go. One of our group has their birthday while we are away as well.

Why don't all the Gatwick people arrange to meet in the bar pre-flight and take the chance to really get to know each other?

PatMan
15.01.2007, 17:41
I like that thought - flights are 6.45am arent they? Much too early for breakfast - never too early for :cug:

-JC-
15.01.2007, 18:25
I would join y'all for drinks at 5am (you crazy southern double hard bastards)... but I shall be consoling someone who's terrified of flying.

Still I'll see you all on the slopes...

15.01.2007, 18:28
so is there good nightlife then? we went to Bulgaria last year, and although there were plenty of bars etc, the place was dead after 11pm!

NSboarder
15.01.2007, 20:05
in my opinion night life in bulgaria is dead because most of tourists are foreigners. I was there and had chance to see it.
On kopaonik you'll have a great night life because it is in blood of serbian people to always celebrate something and to have fun(with anyone).
So, don't worry man, you won't regret.

dzonka
15.01.2007, 20:12
Very good night life starting from 11 pm! :) Siesta recomended! :)
Some of bars has local music and most of them international. You can ask anybody where is good fun. In last several years on Kopaonik, I went only once in diskotheque it was almost empty. But who knows, maybe it good place now for fun.

You will probably flight to airport Kostantin the Great. It is local airport, small one so don't be disappointed! From airport you will travel by bus (up to two hours trip). As you start rising to Kopaonik you may see the snow as well, but if there is no snow, still there could be a lot of snow on the top of Kopaonik, so don't be dissapointed again :)

Al last, if snow doesn't appear, you will find proper substitute!

Have a nice time in Serbia.

no_snow_in_swindon
15.01.2007, 21:41
I would join y'all for drinks at 5am (you crazy southern double hard bastards)... but I shall be consoling someone who's terrified of flying.

Still I'll see you all on the slopes...

Ive got one of those aswell! Will still be in the Shakespeare though!!! :cug:

Can you not console her from the bar?

The two Mrs's can console each other!! :)

PatMan
16.01.2007, 02:59
so is there good nightlife then? we went to Bulgaria last year, and although there were plenty of bars etc, the place was dead after 11pm!

Where did you go TMWOP? PatMan was also in Bulgaria last year - Borovets. Out most nights till way past 1, struggled to make 9am start on a few days!

SnowPloughPrincess
16.01.2007, 10:02
I don't know if I can drink at that time in the morning but I'll give it a go!!!

no_snow_in_swindon
16.01.2007, 10:06
If were all meeting for a drink, do we all have to wear a pink carnation and carry a copy of the Times so that we recognise each other!!!??

:dziveli:

Jay
16.01.2007, 10:32
I'll be the one in the ski jacket.

16.01.2007, 10:38
yeah we were at Borovets, the resort was packed in the day, just seemed to die apart from one bar near the center later on.

I think there were a lot of families there when we were..

oh well :)

whats with all this rain on the forecast now :) eek!

16.01.2007, 10:44
I don't know if I can drink at that time in the morning but I'll give it a go!!!

it easy, just stay out from the night before ;)

lj_180
16.01.2007, 10:50
Hi All,

My friend and I will also be going on the 21st, so I am sure we will see you in the bar in Gatwick.

We also went to Kop last year (at the beginning of March) and had an excellent time. The slopes are fun, and the nightlife is pretty good. Please don't expect Andorra type nightlife, but there are a few good bars, and the beer is CHEAP! We were paying around 70p for a pint in the bars, and about 30p a bottle in the supermarkets. Vodka was about £3 a litre too! :ok:

If you are going with either Crytsal or Thomson, they put on a few events over the week. Definitely recommend the bar crawl. Nothing amazing, but good to get your bearings and see a few bars. :sm021:

Catch ya all in less than a week!
D

Oh, the girl in the local kebab shop didn't speak a word of English, so was never sure exactly what I was getting, but most of it was ok!!!

no_snow_in_swindon
16.01.2007, 10:53
Hi All,

My friend and I will also be going on the 21st, so I am sure we will see you in the bar in Gatwick.

We also went to Kop last year (at the beginning of March) and had an excellent time. The slopes are fun, and the nightlife is pretty good. Please don't expect Andorra type nightlife, but there are a few good bars, and the beer is CHEAP! We were paying around 70p for a pint in the bars, and about 30p a bottle in the supermarkets. Vodka was about £3 a litre too! :ok:

If you are going with either Crytsal or Thomson, they put on a few events over the week. Definitely recommend the bar crawl. Nothing amazing, but good to get your bearings and see a few bars. :sm021:

Catch ya all in less than a week!
D

Oh, the girl in the local kebab shop didn't speak a word of English, so was never sure exactly what I was getting, but most of it was ok!!!

Cheers for that!

They have a kebab shop aswell!!! Excelllent!! Kebabs are always good after a few beers!

-JC-
16.01.2007, 11:02
I wonder if Serbian kebabs taste nice sober....

lj whats the music like? Are we talking hardcore rave, cheesey europop or traditional Serbian folk numbers?

lj_180
16.01.2007, 11:12
The music was mainly Serbian Hardcore Dance!!! It takes a bit of getting used to! There is a bar where they have "Dancing Girls". It is just a couple of local girls who dance on a podium in hot pants and a crop top, with a load of BIG serbian guys around them (and the bouncers had guns!).

A couple of the bars are a bit more cheesy which, to be honest, is what we all like on holiday!! There is a Kareoke bar which was quite fun last year, and was the main hang out of most of the tourists.

There is a nice bar at the bottom of the main slope call Dolly Bear (I think). That is pretty cool during the day, and the reps hold a quiz night in there too (which was fun last year).

Dave

-JC-
16.01.2007, 11:19
The music was mainly Serbian Hardcore Dance!!! It takes a bit of getting used to! There is a bar where they have "Dancing Girls". It is just a couple of local girls who dance on a podium in hot pants and a crop top, with a load of BIG serbian guys around them (and the bouncers had guns!).

A couple of the bars are a bit more cheesy which, to be honest, is what we all like on holiday!! There is a Kareoke bar which was quite fun last year, and was the main hang out of most of the tourists.

There is a nice bar at the bottom of the main slope call Dolly Bear (I think). That is pretty cool during the day, and the reps hold a quiz night in there too (which was fun last year).

Davehaha awesome... I'll bring my glowsticks (and my bulletproof vest) ;)

Serbia keeps sounding better and better... wolves, bombs, bears, guns and hardcore rave :couto:

SpongeBob
16.01.2007, 11:42
I wonder if Serbian kebabs taste nice sober....

lj whats the music like? Are we talking hardcore rave, cheesey europop or traditional Serbian folk numbers?

When you come to Serbia don't ask for Kebab ask for pljeskavica and they will understand you.

The best thing to eat after drinking a lot is burek so you must find a bakery that makes burek and check for their working hours because it realy helps!!! :ok:

SpongeBob
16.01.2007, 11:43
haha awesome... I'll bring my glowsticks (and my bulletproof vest) ;)

Serbia keeps sounding better and better... wolves, bombs, bears, guns and hardcore rave :couto:

If you don't have a bulletproof vest you can rent one here! :sm021:

adwarf
16.01.2007, 11:54
And u can also rent a U.S. Marine or any soldier from KFOR squad to watch your back 'cause, you now, there are lot of terrorists down here.:sm022:
Rent-a-soldier office is not so far from there. It is called Kosovo. Just take a Pancic Express lift and you are there! :D
Have a nice time in Serbia!:sm019:

adwarf
16.01.2007, 12:12
We are very sorry, but this year we cann't offer you our most attractive activity on Kop. It is closed this year, after foreign governments' intervention.:dontknow:
It was called Bomber Run, and you could try it on Krcmar slope!
The point was not to step on a mine (which are removed now, unfortunately ). There were more then 100 mines and no one knew exactly where are they placed. Hell of a party, don't you think :smoke: :sm022:
That's the reason why this slope is called like that (KrCmar). Literally, this means that you can hear the "krrrrrr" sound in your ass! :hair:

p.s. Maybe you could ask your gouvernmet to give us our mines back! ;)

-JC-
16.01.2007, 12:13
haha after I've rented myself a marine & bulletproof vest will i still have enough money left over to buy my mother a bottle of rakija? ;)

-JC-
16.01.2007, 12:15
When you come to Serbia don't ask for Kebab ask for pljeskavica and they will understand you. haha trust me when I try to pronounce pljeskavica.... they wont understand me :smoke:

Bata Bane
16.01.2007, 12:19
So, you can order slaninica with cevapcici and cackalica

adwarf
16.01.2007, 12:20
Why would you buy Rakija. You should get it on the airport, when you come to Serbia. It is custom that everyone in our country have a bottle of Rakija with him. You now, for the case! Maybe you wouldn't need it, but someone will, believe me!
And if you don't get it on the airport, ask the first man you see to give it and he will. :D

-JC-
16.01.2007, 12:21
We are very sorry, but this year we cann't offer you our most attractive activity on Kop. It is closed this year, after foreign governments' intervention.:dontknow:
It was called Bomber Run, and you could try it on Krcmar slope!
The point was not to step on a mine (which are removed now, unfortunately ). There were more then 100 mines and no one knew exactly where are they placed. Hell of a party, don't you think :smoke: :sm022:
That's the reason why this slope is called like that (KrCmar). Literally, this means that you can hear the "krrrrrr" sound in your ass! :hair:

p.s. Maybe you could ask your gouvernmet to give us our mines back! haha the only reason I booked the holiday was to play real life minesweeper... you can imagine how depressed I was too find out that the resort is now "safe" :sm008:

adwarf
16.01.2007, 12:27
Yeah, I know how you feel. We also had an annual Bomber Run tournament!
Do you know why The Jackass guys doesn't record movies anymore? They were the Winners last year....! :smoke:
Oh, I'll miss it! :(

SpongeBob
16.01.2007, 12:35
haha trust me when I try to pronounce pljeskavica.... they wont understand me :smoke:

Don't worry just find a nice looking Serbian girl to give you lessons! :bootyshak :sm021:

adwarf
16.01.2007, 12:43
SundjerBobe, jbt, ako oni sve ovo shvate i malo ozbiljno, mislice da smo teroristi, samoubice, alkosi, da su nam devojke kurve, da se ljudi ubijaju svakodnevno i da umesto skafandera treba da nosi pancir. JBT! :D

SpongeBob
16.01.2007, 12:52
SundjerBobe, jbt, ako oni sve ovo shvate i malo ozbiljno, mislice da smo teroristi, samoubice, alkosi, da su nam devojke kurve, da se ljudi ubijaju svakodnevno i da umesto skafandera treba da nosi pancir. JBT! :D

:sm022: Sve je moguce mada verujem da oni shvataju da je ovo zajebancija. Ono sa Jackassom je bilo dobro! :sm017:

SpongeBob
16.01.2007, 12:54
haha the only reason I booked the holiday was to play real life minesweeper... you can imagine how depressed I was too find out that the resort is now "safe" :sm008:

Don't worry JC it's never safe here! :cug:

lj_180
16.01.2007, 12:59
Don't worry just find a nice looking Serbian girl to give you lessons! :bootyshak :sm021:

Be careful, the reps warned us last year on the transfer that most of the Serbian girls were attached to Mafia. Errrmm.....most of them seemed to be........ :eek:

SpongeBob
16.01.2007, 13:01
Be careful, the reps warned us last year on the transfer that most of the Serbian girls were attached to Mafia. Errrmm.....most of them seemed to be........ :eek:

:eek: :hair: your reps are :sm022:

lj_180
16.01.2007, 13:06
:eek: :hair: your reps are :sm022:

Ha ha! Maybe! Not chancing it though! :couto:

Oh, one thing to look out for, is the "No Guns Allowed on the Piste sign". Made my holiday!!!!

;)

-JC-
16.01.2007, 13:08
Be careful, the reps warned us last year on the transfer that most of the Serbian girls were attached to Mafia. Errrmm.....most of them seemed to be........ :eek:i'd be more worried about my girlfried beating me than any mafioso ;)

SpongeBob
16.01.2007, 13:16
Does anyone has talkie walkies from the 21st group? It would be a good thing if someone is taking them so that I can get in contact with you if I come during that week and when I look at the forecast It looks like I will come! :yay:

-JC-
16.01.2007, 13:18
I'll have walkie talkies... whether I'll have them with me is another matter.

SpongeBob
16.01.2007, 13:20
I'll have walkie talkies... whether I'll have them with me is another matter.

Why not that is a very useful thing! It saved us a lot of money last year in Bulgaria because there was 7 of us and we all used them! :smoke:

lj_180
16.01.2007, 13:43
i'd be more worried about my girlfried beating me than any mafioso ;)

Tell me about it, that is why I am not bringing mine!!!! :dziveli:

As for the walkie talkies, yes, we will have a couple too.

SpongeBob
16.01.2007, 14:03
Tell me about it, that is why I am not bringing mine!!!! :dziveli:

As for the walkie talkies, yes, we will have a couple too.

It's a sin to bring a girlfriend to Serbia because we have beautiful girls here! :sm017:

I would be good if you could all use same frequency in the evening so that we can get together for some :dziveli: and some :dziveli: and little more :dziveli:...

PatMan
16.01.2007, 15:20
It's a sin to bring a girlfriend to Serbia because we have beautiful girls here!

I would be good if you could all use same frequency in the evening so that we can get together for some :dziveli: and some :dziveli: and little more :dziveli:...

SpongeBob,

More :cug: less :dziveli: !

SnowPloughPrincess
16.01.2007, 16:50
You guys crack me up! LOL @ minesweeper xD I did read about that run, chuckled to myself it was rated at medium to difficult, not surprising when it's full of land mines!!

SpongeBob
16.01.2007, 17:32
There are other extreme sports in Kop.

You can wear a t-shirt "I am Serbian" and try to Ski on Kosovo side of mountain to avoid :awm2:

If you manage to go to the bottom you are a winner and you can do winners dance :bootyshak

bmarke
16.01.2007, 17:43
There weren´t any land mines there....We are talking about cluster bombs :eek: which suposed to be ilegal :smoke:

I think it is clear now thou :cug:

adwarf
16.01.2007, 18:00
Haha, kako volim kad teme krenu u ovom smeru. Ovi Englezi su vec smorili sa vremenskim prognozama...:D

lj_180
16.01.2007, 18:16
Haha, kako volim kad teme krenu u ovom smeru. Ovi Englezi su vec smorili sa vremenskim prognozama...:D

I have no idea what that means, but I am slightly nervous!! :confused:

;)

SpongeBob
16.01.2007, 18:34
I have no idea what that means, but I am slightly nervous!! :confused:

;)

NO, don't worry it is totally peaceful! :dziveli: :cug:

no_snow_in_swindon
17.01.2007, 10:36
Only 4 more days to go!!!!!

SpongeBob
17.01.2007, 12:08
It looks like you are going to have a lot of snow during your stay!!! :ski: :yay:

Maybe I will come during next week if I can escape from office! :sm017:

dzonka
18.01.2007, 01:37
i think that it is kind of sin to come to serbia and eat at hotel! you must try our food! every day something diferent.

1.pleskavica
2.cevapi
3.kiseli kupus
4.sarma
5.gibanica
etc...
don't try to read (you will break your tongue), write it down and show it when you like to order some food...

-JC-
18.01.2007, 08:53
more snow in England than Kopaonik?

4cm's fell in weardale last night.... unfortunatly the rains melting it all now.

On a brighter note 4cm's is forecast to fall on friday in kop, but the huge blizzards forecast 2 weeks ago have been reduced to light snow showers... ARGH!:glavaozid

treble
18.01.2007, 09:05
Thanks for the list of food to try. I am very keen to try local food, but want to know what I am ordering as there are some things I can't eat, so please could you describe what they are?

-JC-
18.01.2007, 10:10
think pleskavica is a pork sausage pate ... least thats what google says.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cevapi
Kiseli Kupus... Sauerkraut
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarma_(food)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibanica

treble
18.01.2007, 10:16
On the topic of food, can someone tell me how to ask for still water to drink, ie mineral water that is not gassy/fizzy? I assume "Kisele vode" means the fizzy sort and I don't really like it very much.

SpongeBob
18.01.2007, 11:40
i think that it is kind of sin to come to serbia and eat at hotel! you must try our food! every day something diferent.

1.pleskavica
2.cevapi
3.kiseli kupus
4.sarma
5.gibanica
etc...
don't try to read (you will break your tongue), write it down and show it when you like to order some food...

As Dzonka tried to recomend some food I will try to translate it for you.

1. Pljeskavica is basicaly a hamburger made of mixed minced meat from pork and beef. You should try punjena pljeskavica (filled with cheese and bacon or ham) or gurmanska pljeskavica (mixed with cheese and bacon or ham).
http://www.serbiafood.co.yu/GurmanFest/pljeskavice.htm

2. Cevapi are made also from minced meat and they look like meat fingers.
http://www.serbiafood.co.yu/GurmanFest/cevapcici.htm

3. Kiseli kupus is something that I don't like when it is cooked but I like it a lot as a salad. It is basicaly a cabbage that is treated and it has a different more salty taste. Literal translation is sour cabbage . It is cooked with smoked meat and bacon.

4. Sarma is a very nice and I like that a lot. It is made out of leaves of Kiseli kupus that are filled with minced meat and then cooked with bacon and smoked meat! You must try this.

5. Gibanica is like a pie made of cheese and kajmak (dairy product that you must try for breakfast or on pljeksavica and cevapi mmmmm)

6. I must add my personal favorite and that is called Leskovacka muckalica. That is basicaly a stew made of pork and beef meat with a lot of vegetables (onion, tomato, paprika) and it is usually very spicy! :smoke:

With this food you must drink rakija as an appetizer :dziveli: and then continue with it or with some Serbian wines of your choice but try to find this cellars Radovanovic, Stojakovic, Stojkovic... (I am not sure how good is the wine selection in places where you will eat)

I hope that this helps and that you will have a great time!

I am expecting your reports on this forum when you get back! :sm018:

SpongeBob
18.01.2007, 11:44
On the topic of food, can someone tell me how to ask for still water to drink, ie mineral water that is not gassy/fizzy? I assume "Kisele vode" means the fizzy sort and I don't really like it very much.

Just ask for the water without gas or in Serbian say "Ja bih hteo negaziranu vodu" :sm021:

that means "I would like a water without gas".

-JC-
18.01.2007, 11:46
spongebob do all the decent dishes have pork in?

I cant eat pork and the food sounds amazing... no food, no snow, no women (according to the mafia post and my girl).... whats a brother to do? ;)

SpongeBob
18.01.2007, 11:56
spongebob do all the decent dishes have pork in?

I cant eat pork and the food sounds amazing... no food, no snow, no women (according to the mafia post and my girl).... whats a brother to do? ;)

Well my friend all you are left with is RAKIJA!!!!! You must drink a lot and you will forget everything else! Just don't forget your girlfriend because she will beat you! :sm021:

You should ask the waiter because I told you that most of the things are made of mixture of pork and beef but they also can be made with mixture of beef, veal and other types of meat (every chef has it's own mixture). Best way is to check with them and see is there a pork meat inside. Number 6. or my personal favorite is usually made only of beef but as I said it is made of various meats.

-JC-
18.01.2007, 12:00
Leskovacka Muckalica in one hand and a bottle of Rakija in the other.... with options like that who cares if it snows? ;)

SpongeBob
18.01.2007, 12:19
If it is OK with people that have talkie walkies maybe we should agree that every evening you should be on 5 channel every afternoon around 17h!

It looks like I will come almost definitely for a few days while you are there and then we can go for :cug: :cug: :cug: :cug: and :sm019: who doesn't have a girlfriend!

-JC-
18.01.2007, 12:24
I'll turn mine on at 17hrs, the challenge for me will be finding channel 5 ;)

failing that I'm sure I'll take out a few of you on the slopes and those that I don't take out on the slopes I'll probably knock over in the bars...

-JC-
18.01.2007, 12:28
its looking like we could get 2/3 days of excellent skiing/boarding

but until thursday the conditions look dire :(

SpongeBob
18.01.2007, 12:32
I believe that we will find each other on the slopes or in pub so no problem!

Buy the way who is riding what?

I am riding snowboard as you can see on my avatar and my details.

-JC-
18.01.2007, 12:50
I believe that we will find each other on the slopes or in pub so no problem!

Buy the way who is riding what?

I am riding snowboard as you can see on my avatar and my details.brand new rome solution board... I'll be the kid with all the gear and no idea ;)

Jay
18.01.2007, 12:52
I wouldn't say the forecast looks dire JC!

Snow showers forecast every day apart from the 21st and lots of snow for later in the week.

What time does the Shakespeare bar open at Gatwick, by the way? I think we will be in the Sports bar - it is my friend Gavin's birthday and he wants to get very drunk. He says that if he is allowed on the plane, he will see that as a failure!!!

lj_180
18.01.2007, 13:20
We are boarding. Skiers just get in the way!!! ;)

-JC-
18.01.2007, 14:46
snow is good at the beginning of the week not the end.... still 3 days of boarding is better than 0 days of boarding... I'm just greedy.

SpongeBob
18.01.2007, 14:54
snow is good at the beginning of the week not the end.... still 3 days of boarding is better than 0 days of boarding... I'm just greedy.

Only 3 days!!!!???

Be an optimist! We are all looking for a projected precipitation but that doesn't mean much because the best forecast is for the next couple of hours (that is certain). Remember last week when 12cm fell in couple of hours and nothing was planed or maybe 2-3 cm!?

It will be a great holiday for you and I hope you will like Serbia! :dziveli: :ski: :sm019: :yay::sm021:

-JC-
18.01.2007, 15:18
Only 3 days!!!!???

Be an optimist! We are all looking for a projected precipitation but that doesn't mean much because the best forecast is for the next couple of hours (that is certain). Remember last week when 12cm fell in couple of hours and nothing was planed or maybe 2-3 cm!?

It will be a great holiday for you and I hope you will like Serbia! :dziveli: :ski: :sm019: :yay:haha i love you cheerful serbs... I'm conditioned to see the glass as half empty ;)

PatMan
18.01.2007, 15:23
haha i love you cheerful serbs... I'm conditioned to see the glass as half empty ;)

JC, if the glass is half empty, ya better be getting another round in!!
:cug:

-JC-
18.01.2007, 15:50
JC, if the glass is half empty, ya better be getting another round in!!
:cug: haha, with these forecasts... I'll be buying a lot of rounds :dziveli: :dziveli: :dziveli:

PatMan
18.01.2007, 15:55
haha, with these forecasts... I'll be buying a lot of rounds :dziveli: :dziveli: :dziveli:

The only good thing is, they will at Serbian prices!

:cug:

treble
18.01.2007, 19:13
OOh am looking forward to the food - sounds lovely! I imagine what you describe as "sour cabbage" is what I know from Germany - Sauerkraut. I've only ever had it as a side vegetable with salad meat and wasn't too keen on it, but leaves wrapped round meat sounds yummy!

Thanks for the phrase to use for still drinking water - much appreciated.

no_snow_in_swindon
18.01.2007, 19:36
I'll be skiing on blades. Not everyones cup of tea, but i like them!

treble
18.01.2007, 19:51
I'll be the one trying to stay upright on skis - a nervous beginner! Mind you boarders give me a wide berth!!! ;)

SnowPloughPrincess
19.01.2007, 11:56
Does anyone know how long the transfer from airport to resort is?

norry
19.01.2007, 12:09
2-3 hours depending on road conditions.

SnowPloughPrincess
19.01.2007, 12:45
Thanks Norry :) <3

norry
19.01.2007, 13:30
Thanks Norry :) <3

no worries, i hope some of you 21st ers are going to post some pics etc when you get back :)

treble
19.01.2007, 14:51
Where are my fellow 21st folks staying? We're in the Grand! Realised I have given away very little about myself so far except it's my 1st ever ski trip, my only experience being a few recent 'snowdome' lessons, :eek: so here goes!

If you're curious I am female, forty-something and from North Lincolnshire. Am holidaying with a female friend plus another couple. My hubby doesn't do sporty stuff so was not interested in coming!

See you all bleary-eyed at Gatwick Sunday morning - we are checking in (hopefully) tomorrow afternoon - website says we can do so from 4pm, and are staying in the Travelodge.

Oh - and yes I will try and take then post some pics!

-JC-
19.01.2007, 15:02
I'm 24 she's 21, I'm snowboarding, she's skiing, we're both traveling down from the north east and staying in the grand.

I'm an aries that likes long romantic walks and candle lit dinners, I'm financially secure with a GSOH and I shall be carrying a newspaper under my left arm at gatwick ;)

SnowPloughPrincess
19.01.2007, 16:04
I am 21 and my bf is 22. I will be skiing in full snow plough where ever I go. My bf skies much better but has a tendency to cut me up, thus ruining my nice snow plough technique! We are both staying in the Grand. I will most likely look like I have been dragged through a hedge backwards Sunday morning

Pete
19.01.2007, 21:29
We are in the Grand too. We must have filled the place between us!
The site seems to be showing only 6 runs open today, any ideas why? I'm hoping its fog or wind, not that all the snows gone!

no_snow_in_swindon
19.01.2007, 22:16
Im 32, Mrs is 39 and my 13 year old is here for his 1st trip.

Both bladers.

We're in Club A.

20.01.2007, 10:08
hey hey hey,,, driving down form newcastle to london to meet up with the rest of the group soon.. then off to gatwick ..

if we do get any boarding time, i'll be the guy in the orange snow pants and helmet, come say hi..

see you all there.