PDA

Pogledati punu verziju : 28th Jan

PatMan
04.01.2007, 14:39
Lots of ye are out on the 21st.... Anyone else here flying out on the 28th from Gatwick?
Anyone? Anyone...........?

no_snow_in_swindon
04.01.2007, 16:24
Cant remember anyone else on here saying that they were going on the 28th.

Not sure why the 21st is so popular?!

We normally go earlier (1st of 2nd Sunday of the new year) but i started a new job this year and we have a holiday blackout up until mid Jan so this was the first weekend we are able to go.

PatMan
04.01.2007, 16:28
Lucky for you really! Had you gone the first week = lack of snow, and I think the Serbian national holidays end about the time you go, so the slopes should get less busy!

lynthepoet
09.01.2007, 00:42
do anyone know how much hire for skis and boots are and how much are the lift pass can you buy a day pass or one trip passes there

no_snow_in_swindon
09.01.2007, 08:33
Lift prices are here.....
http://www.eng.infokop.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=6

Prices are in dinars which is about 115 to a pound i believe.

SpongeBob
09.01.2007, 12:52
Lift prices are here.....
http://www.eng.infokop.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=6

Prices are in dinars which is about 115 to a pound i believe.

here are the exchange rates from the website of Serbian National Bank http://www.nbs.yu/english/news/index.htm

shazzy692002
17.01.2007, 15:52
Lots of ye are out on the 21st.... Anyone else here flying out on the 28th from Gatwick?
Anyone? Anyone...........?
Im going out on the 28th, with hubby and kids, 10 and 8.
06.45 flight from gatwick
if any one can answer these questions, would be great thanks
1) what sort of clothes do you wear in the evenings,
2) Is it really really cold on the slopes, do we need loads of thermals and layers
3) goggle or sunglasses, its our 1st time, and finding everything very expensive for 4 of us.
4) what pub should we meet in and at what time, lol

norry
17.01.2007, 15:59
Im going out on the 28th, with hubby and kids, 10 and 8.
06.45 flight from gatwick
if any one can answer these questions, would be great thanks
1) what sort of clothes do you wear in the evenings,
2) Is it really really cold on the slopes, do we need loads of thermals and layers
3) goggle or sunglasses, its our 1st time, and finding everything very expensive for 4 of us.
4) what pub should we meet in and at what time, lol

Purely based on my own experience last week, bare in mind it was quite sunny at times.

1) Jeans, boots/trainers t-shirt or a jumper, coat. Alot of people where still in their ski clothes.
2) I only wore a t-shirt all week under my jacket. On the other hand my wife wore her thermal bottems and a fleece.
3) sunglasses most days apart from the 1 day it snowed heavy. Goggles were a must that day. My cheap pair from aldi were great :)

PatMan
17.01.2007, 16:00
Looks like its just me and you then Shazzy (plus spouses etc!!)
Clothes - wear what you feel comfortable in - everyone goes to ski and have a good time, jeans are always good!
Layers are good - the amount depends on how cold it is, and how good your ski jacket/salopettes are!
Go for sunglasses! Goggles only really come into their own if its snowing as you ski
Every pub - every night!

shazzy692002
17.01.2007, 16:40
Cheers for that reply, Only 11 days to go, where are you staying, we are in the konachi, not looking forward to staying half board as dont sound to good, but will try anything once.

-JC-
17.01.2007, 16:40
all our good snow is moving into your week.... grrrrrrrrrrrr

PatMan
17.01.2007, 16:51
Cheers for that reply, Only 11 days to go, where are you staying, we are in the konachi, not looking forward to staying half board as dont sound to good, but will try anything once.

Also staying at Konachi Apts - and booked half board on purpose! Was in Bulgaria last year, and was able to eat dinner in hotel every night - and a lot of people complain about food there as well. Have learned not to listen to others, but judge for myself. But then I will eat most things! Always nice to have the option to eat in, and seems cheap enough to eat out if ya fancy a change as well!

:cug:

shazzy692002
17.01.2007, 16:59
Their must be more of us going out on the 28th,
ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN US ON THE 28TH????????????

From what i have read, i take it sterling is the best option in money?
I hope every1 going on the 21st have a fab time, their seems lots of you, but only 2 of us on the 28th? 1 to1 tuition for us then,lol
have you got any more good advice for us 1st timers?

PatMan
17.01.2007, 17:02
I think taking a mix of £ and € is the best option. Was posted here on another thread - possibly Norry.

dzonka
18.01.2007, 02:22
bring €, everybody will accept. rate is 100€ 8.000 dinars

SpongeBob
20.01.2007, 22:41
It looks like you choose good week to go! According to the forecast from infokop.net It will be a lot of fresh snow! :yay:

shazzy692002
20.01.2007, 22:59
I hope so, but dont actually believe those weather reports all the time.
My 1st skiing holiday, so have got my fingers crossed,

carlywilson57
21.01.2007, 21:07
Me and my flatmates are heading out from Gatwick on the 28th, getting excited now, particularly as it's forecast snow!

shazzy692002
22.01.2007, 12:21
Thats good carly, we thought it was just gonna be the 2 of us on this site going on the 28th, im sure we will see you in the pub, just look out for the ski jackets.

PatMan
22.01.2007, 13:20
Thats good carly, we thought it was just gonna be the 2 of us on this site going on the 28th, im sure we will see you in the pub, just look out for the ski jackets.

I like this for many reasons!
1) Am going skiing in 6 sleeps time
2) The people I am flying with think there is nothing wrong with meeting in the pub for a flight at 7.45am
3) Did I mention its only 6 sleeps away?

LOL

PatMan
22.01.2007, 15:00
I have no idea whats going on with the weather!!

Hopefully, the fact that its starting to get cold here, might mean the cold weather hits Serbia this week - all it needs is a drop in temperature, and the predicted precipitation will be snow, not rain!

Looking at the web-cam - looks like a med summer resort with those blue skies!

Leo
22.01.2007, 17:45
A whole bunch of us are out on the 28th. We have all been before. Konaci are not the greatest for food. But food is so cheap that eating at one of the burger stands or pizza places i practically free and very good. In the evenings you have to try the local restaurants. You can stuff yourselvs for about £10 a head.

PatMan
22.01.2007, 17:55
PatMan likes his food, loves his drink, and cant wait to get to Kop!

Am sure by the 28th we will have some snow!!

PatMan
22.01.2007, 20:39
Just checked the weather forecast for the coming week - looks like the temp is finally dropping, and its gonna snow, snow and snow!

See you all on the slopes from the 28th!!

shazzy692002
23.01.2007, 14:37
WOW, looks like a few of us meeting in the pub,
5 days to go and counting,
lets all snow dance for the next 5 days

PatMan
23.01.2007, 14:39
Meet in the pub for a few :cug: , if the promised snow is delayed thats all we will be doing!!

PatMan
24.01.2007, 10:02
Looking at the web-cam..........And as the great Dean Martin sung, "Let It Snow, let it snow, let it snow"

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh, looks like the 28th Jan possé will be falling over on white stuff!! Looking good for Feb as well

PatMan
24.01.2007, 10:03
Did I mention - only 4 sleeps to go!!

24.01.2007, 12:05
Hi all

This is a first for myself and my family. We are also going on the 28th at 6.45 am. We have two children 6 and 8. We have been advised to take american dollars as you can get more for your money at the moment. Anyone know if this is okay?

I am so nervous but excited as well. I agreed to this holiday because the rest of the family wanted to do it but I don't like heights. I am really hoping that becuase everything is covered with the white stuff, you won't actually tell how high you are. Here's hoping anyway.

See you all in the pub!!!

PatMan
24.01.2007, 15:03
Hi all

This is a first for myself and my family. We are also going on the 28th at 6.45 am. We have two children 6 and 8. We have been advised to take american dollars as you can get more for your money at the moment. Anyone know if this is okay?

I am so nervous but excited as well. I agreed to this holiday because the rest of the family wanted to do it but I don't like heights. I am really hoping that becuase everything is covered with the white stuff, you won't actually tell how high you are. Here's hoping anyway.

See you all in the pub!!!

Hi newbie,

Unless you already have $ I cant see there being much point as you will have 2 lots of exchange charges to think of, rather than just £ to Dinar. From other reports on here, take £ and change them at airport. There is also a ATM in the resort, and some of the trips can be paid for in € if you have any of these lying around from other trips!

SpongeBob
24.01.2007, 16:24
Hey guys,

It snowed entire night on Kop and id snowing still. :dziveli: :yay: :sm019:

carlywilson57
24.01.2007, 18:29
Glad to hear it, was worried the forecast snow would never come! Although after getting snow in London overnight, I thought it was promising sign for more mountainous areas of Europe!

2 working days to go! :- )

PatMan
24.01.2007, 18:49
Forecast looks like snow on and off for rest of week - yippee!

knowles501
24.01.2007, 21:38
Hi Patman, Carly, Shazz and all,

We too are going out on 06.45 from Gatwick on 28th. Just me (Nikki) and hubby (Richi). We're staying at the Grand. Got a cracking last minute deal and it looks like we've picked a smasher of a week.

We've booked into ski school although we've both been on one skiing holiday before (well, Richi has been a few more times and he's still crap!!)

Looking forward to the apres ski too, apparently MD beer is the way forward???? I'm sure we'll have a laff trying.

See you on the slopes......or in the bar.......or in the airport bar !!!:cug: :yay:

Lindypod
24.01.2007, 23:12
We fly from Gatwick on the 28th, not looking forward to the early start but it will be all worth it if that snow drops!

PatMan
24.01.2007, 23:37
Hi Nikki, Richie & Knowles501...

Looks like we going to have a great week in Kop! Am sure we will be bumping into each other either on the slopes or in the bar (Gatwick/Kop!!)

Only 2 more work days - and am booked out of office tomorrow, so that hardly counts......... bring on the snow, and the beer!

shazzy692002
25.01.2007, 11:59
HELLO TO ALL YOU NEW PEOPLE
Its great to see so many of us going from gatwick!!
And even more better that WE HAVE SNOW THEIR AND MORE COMING
Hope all you beginers on the slopes are as scared as me, (newbie are your children joining the learn to ski school as mine are which im really nervous about)
Where is everyone from??????? im 2 hours away from gatwick, we live in suffolk.
oh well 2 days to go and counting the minutes,
Make sure you all drive carefully to the airport and we will see you their,
in the pub, i would like to say that i will be the 1 on vodka, but i reakon it will be coffee that time of the morning,
Dont forget your cameras, then we can all share photos on here when we get back, see you all soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

25.01.2007, 12:31
Hi shaz

Yes, both kids are booked into ski school. Josh Is 8 and Ellie is just 6 tomorrow and YES I am very scared about it. I keep thinking "What if Ellie needs the toilet, will she be expected to go on her own? Will she be able to get stuff off (quick enough)?, you know what they are like, leaving it to the last minute. Will she be able to find them all again after?

Roll on Monday morning when all my questions will be answered.

We live in Bournemouth, so we are also allowing 2 hours to get there. I don't really think it is worth going to bed Saturday night.

I am just packing the suitcases and can't find the ski socks so I must go and find them.

See you all at Gatwick.

Katie

shazzy692002
25.01.2007, 20:52
Hi Katie
My Jack is 8, Lets hope jack and josh can meet before the slopes, that way it wont be so scarey for them leaving us, My georgina is 10, but she has special needs(learning difficulties), so im really worried about her, as her attention span is not to great, and she dont listen very well, but she does love playing with younger children, so she would prob get on well with ellie, Our luck will be that the kids will meet in the airport, and get on really well,then be in seperate skiing schools.
NOT LONG TO GO NOW!!!!!!!

nick'n'kim
25.01.2007, 21:30
Hope all you guys have a great time and do a snow dance for us guys going in March. Real people holiday in the Balkans. Who needs the overpriced Alps?

dzonka
25.01.2007, 23:21
...and once when you see Kopaonik, you will never change Serbia (for holidays) :)

Next year, or year after next, new resort (Stara Planina, means Old Mountain) will be opened. I think it will be much better than Kopaonik!

PatMan
27.01.2007, 04:50
Message to the "28th Massive"........... Se ye all in the Gatwick bar on Sunday morning - I will be the one with the hangover, and a Guinness!

So looking forward to the snow, and to the aprés....
snow-body does it like a skier!

knowles501
27.01.2007, 11:04
Yowsers.....Have you seen all of the snow on the webcam????

Theres loads of the stuff.

See you all tomorrow morning.......we'll be the ones yawning!!!:yay:

BigAl
27.01.2007, 17:04
I just have to join in!! Nice to see you all so excited too!!! I have been watching the snow on the webcam for weeks and finally the snow is there just in time!!

We are heading out in the morning too - the 6.45 from Gatwick! Went last year, loved it and going back for more....

For what it's worth, I'll quickly reflect on last year's experience to help excitement all round, ease a few worries and give a few pointers:

We (Alan & Lyndsay) stayed at the Konaci and are booked to go back there again. It simple, no frills, clean, convenient, warm (and very cheap) ideal ski accommodation. The food is ok but don't expect gormet cuisine - it's serbian buffet food but as long as you are not fussy, there's lots of it and it's hot if you get there fairly early. If you leave it until 8/9pm you will find it rather cold. That was our experience anyway.

The skiing is perfect for beginner/intermediate skiers. Small enough to ski the whole resort in a couple of days but big enough not to get bored in a week. Nothing too scary with plenty of easy blues/reds to build confidence with a few more challenging runs if you fancy it.

Tuition was brilliant! We are booked in to ski school again starting monday. Had a great group last year - fun on and off the piste!

Recommend the hot wine and even more so, the hot chocolate in the mountain cafes - mmm!!

Be prepared for the transfer - it's long (3hrs+) and quite uncomfortable!

See you all in the bar at about 4am......(13 hours and counting)!! I'll never sleep!!!:sm022:

Alan

PatMan
28.01.2007, 04:24
Just leaving..... Cant wait!!

Now, where did I put my gloves...................................

BigAl
04.02.2007, 22:04
Just got back!! Had a wicked week and Hi to all the Gang!!

Richie and Nickie, sorry we missed you at the airport and thanks for a great week - I'll email you some pics! We had rather a funny incident where we bumbed in to Julia and Rob bundling a suitcase around a roundabout about 5 miles from Gatwick.....I will let Julia tell the story in the style only she can do but be prepared!!!!!

All those about to go - there was about 3 feet of snow last night - you will have a wicked week as the skiing was fine before that.....ENJOY!!!

If Marco or Sara read these posts - thanks Guys, you were great!!

Back to reality......

no_snow_in_swindon
04.02.2007, 22:40
Sounds like you had a great time.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

knowles501
07.02.2007, 10:20
Hey Al and Lindsay and the rest of the gang if you read this!!

Didn't take you guys long to look on the website .... the day you got back. Sorry we missed you guys too!!

I'll just reiterate what you said. Had a FAB time. I will definitley reccomend this resort to everyone.

We'll be in touch on e-mail.

Super Dobre

Nikki and Richi xx